Have you guys seen some of those birthday parties on the internet that are pretty much beyond incredible? If you haven’t, take a quick gander at Kara’s Party Ideas. Uh-mazing.
I really wanted to do a big production like that…. but, here’s my *very* scaled down version:
That caterpillar, is scooping some oreo truffles!! I first saw the idea from this construction party. These “boulders” were a fun addition to the party, and enjoyed by all. I mean, who wouldn’t love Oreos mixed with cream cheese, and dipped in chocolate?
Oreo Truffles recipe adapted from Kraft makes around 48 1-inch truffles
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 16 oz pkg. Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (should make about 4-1/4 cups), divided
Candy Melts (I used chocolate, but I think vanilla might be even better, more of a contrast of flavors)
- Mix cream cheese and 4 cups of the cookie crumbs together until combined.
- Shape mixture into balls, chill. ( I did different sizes to go with the whole ‘boulder’ theme)
- Melt your candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip chilled balls into chocolate to coat, then sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Let set up in fridge until ready to serve (about an hour).