I love these because berries are the main attraction, not just a garnish. It’s basically glorified strawberries and whipped cream, so delicious.
How about with a blueberry on top? Wouldn’t you like to take these to your 4th of July BBQ??
Strawberries: How many exactly depends on how big the strawberries are, and also how much you fill them. I used about 40 average size strawberries
Blueberries, if you want them!
1 small package (4 servings) Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 Cup Whipping Cream
1 Cup Milk
1/2-1 tsp (to taste) almond extract
- Start by hulling the strawberries
- Then starting at the small end of the strawberry, make a slice most of the way down
- Now make a perpendicular slice. You don’t want to do down too far, because then the strawberry might break, but far enough to make room for the filling.
- I set them on a plate, and pull the strawberries open a little bit
- Now the filling: whip the 1 C cream until stiff (but not dry) peaks form
- While whipping, in another bowl, whisk the pudding into the 1 C milk
- Add the 1/2 tsp+ almond extract into the pudding, then fold in the whipped cream until it is completely combined
- Pipe the filling into the strawberries
- I used a 1M star tip, but you totally don’t have to. and in the video, it doesn’t open the strawberry evenly, so, with your other hand, try to hold the 4 points of the strawberry open so that it fills evenly.
- Arrange on a plate/tray and top with blueberries