in other words: oreo/ice cream/gooey chocolate goodness layer dessert. With peanuts on top.
This recipe is an old family favorite. My younger brother requested it for his birthday, instead of cake, for as many years as I can remember. We all love it. Who doesn’t love an oreo crust? with a sauce tastes almost like a chocolate/caramel. and with the salted peanuts on top, oh man. I promise you’re in for a treat.
Buster Bars makes a 9”x13” pan
1 package Oreos (I used about 40 cookies from a Costco pack)
1 cube butter, melted
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (or enough ice cream to make a layer), softened slightly
1 cube butter
1 can evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
1 C milk chocolate chips
2 C powdered sugar
- Crush all the Oreos to a fine crumb and mix together with the melted butter. Spread across the bottom of a 9”x13” pan (that can go in the freezer)
- Once the ice cream is easy to work with, slab (not scoop) it to form a layer on top of the Oreo crust. Freeze until firm.
- While freezing, melt cube of butter and chocolate chips in a pan over medium heat. Add evaporated milk and powdered sugar, turn heat to medium-high, and bring to boil. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool.
- After the sauce is cooled, pour over the ice cream layer. (if you’re too anxious, it will totally melt the ice cream, you want to make sure the ice cream is frozen, and the sauce is cooled.)
- Sprinkle with the peanuts, then throw it back into the freezer until it’s firm. (or, until you just can’t wait any longer to eat it.)