October 5, 2011

Gender Reveal Cake Pops

DSC_0393

My pregnant friend had an ultrasound the other day.  THE ultrasound, the one where you can find out the gender of the baby if you want.  I convinced her to let me make her some cake pops, so that her whole family could find out at the same time.  So instead finding out at the ultrasound, they had the technician write the gender on a paper, and stick it in an envelope.  Envelope got delivered to me.  I was the first one who got to read what the little paper said!  

DSC_0389

At first, I wasn’t 100% certain on my decision to draw the question marks.  But then my daughter saw them, and exclaimed, “Mom, those are just like mystery pop cakes!  Like there is a big surprise in the middle!!”  Um, actually, that’s exactly right.  Thankfully, the customers liked them too!

So are you dying to know what they’re having??  I even got it on video:

So exciting right?  I love their family.  and now they get another sweet girl.

DSC_0398

Congratulations guys, and thank you for letting me be a part of it!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, this is so creative and fun. I love it!

Mamarazzi said...

adorable!

Carmen said...

That's awesome. And I love what Chloe said. I think the question marks are the perfect touch!

Shawntae said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Love the question marks! And such a fun experience for the whole family!! Love it!

Mindi said...

The.best.idea.ever!

Courtney C. said...

How ADORABLE! I love it - you are such a creative and fun person.

Heidi said...

That is so fun! That's a great way to all find out together (in case you don't want the whole family in the tiny room at the doc's).

The Niles said...

That is so awesome! Great idea!

Unknown said...

this is so cute and fun!! Great idea - here from swanky and you are stumbled!!!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

That is the greatest! Makes me cry, so special that you did that for your good friend. They will never forget it!