October 21, 2011

Halloween Cake Pops

My friend came over this past weekend we made some cake pops.  I love cake pops, let me tell ya. 

We made lots of eyeball cake pops, and that night the kids and I took a bouquet of “eyepops” over to a neighbors house.  So fun.  My kids Loved hiding around the corner, then jumping out and yelling surprise!  if you want to see a photo of the bouquet, jump on over to my Facebook page! Be sure to ‘like’ my page while you’re there!

Well, after we made all those eyeballs, I couldn’t stop.  I found some awesome little cookie cutters and I could only envision them as cake pops!  Instead of rolling only balls, I used the cookie cutters to get the different shapes.

DSC_0540

My kids absolutely love them!  My oldest was ecstatic that I let her pick one to take to school.  She picked a jack-o-lantern: DSC_0507

and since I love them all, I’m going to feature each one in a picture :)

The Eyeball:

DSC_0529

Cute Vampire (Inspired from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen):DSC_0511

Witch’s Cauldron:

DSC_0471

Black Cat:DSC_0499

Witch’s Hat:DSC_0501

Candy Corn:DSC_0508

Bat:DSC_0522

Zombie:DSC_0548

DSC_0503

They made my whole kitchen look halloween-y.  I wish I could just leave them up for the rest of the month for decorations!!  but..…  they taste too good for that to be an option.

What I used:

Candy Melts:

  • Black - Wilton only sells them this time of year, so I suggest buying a bag or 2 if you see them! I found mine at Michaels.  Walmart also carries them.

  • Spooky Green – also a Halloween exclusive color

  • Orange – I started with orange, then added both a little red and orange candy dyes to get it this color.  Make sure they are candy dyes that are oil based before adding it to your chocolate!

  • Purple

  • Yellow

  • Red

  • White

  • After I dipped each pop in the main color, I let them harden completely before adding details.  The details are all candy melts that were melted in a disposable piping bag.

    For the candy corn, I used the hat cutter, then just cut off the edges.  Then I dipped it 3 separate times to get the color layering.

    Oh, and I added a little shimmer dust to the witch’s cauldron brew.

    If you have any questions, Please ask!!  I’d love to hear from you!

    Enjoy! Happy Almost Halloween!!

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Awww I didn't know you had a blog!!! Lovely cake pops, so fun:-)

    Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

    So totally cute! I love these. They look perfect. :)